This group was created in 2011 to bring together like minded people to inform others about Backyard Chickens and to change the Laws in Cobb County, Georgia concerning poultry.
Cobb County Legalizes Hens!
On February 26th, 2013, The Cobb Board of Commissioners voted 3-2 to allow citizens to file for a Variance to allows hens on less than two acres! More info inside!
Cobb County Cities, what is wrong with Poultry?
Cobb County….Expect the Best!
Expect, but be prepared to be disappointed if you want the best eggs. Consider these ‘restrictions’ on raising Backyard Chickens in Cobb County:
- Kennesaw requires two acres of land to own a chicken
- Austell requires two and a half acres
- Acworth requires three acres
- Marietta requires five acres
- Powder Springs will not allow poultry on any residential property
While we are a not for profit volunteer organization, it still takes money to print flyers and cards, send postage, etc. Please, help us out & Donate! Thanks-